(formerly the Language Learning and Resource Center [LLARC])
The Foreign Languages & Literatures Resource Center provides foreign language instructors and their students with the resources they need to support foreign language learning at MIT. These resources include audio, video, and computer-based materials for all levels taught at MIT (Chinese, English Language Studies [ELS], French, German, Japanese, and Spanish). These materials can be used at the Center (16-668) from 2:00 PM to 7:00 PM, Sunday through Thursday. Additionally, all members of the MIT community are welcome to use these resources.
Hours of Operation
The Resource Center is open Sunday through Thursday from 2:00 PM until 7:00 PM (Fall and Spring Semesters)
The Resource Center will be closed on the following days:
- Sunday October 7 - Monday October 8, 2012 (Columbus Day Holiday)
- Sunday November 11 - Monday November 12, 2012 (Veterans Day Holiday)
- Wednesday November 21 - Thursday November 22, 2012 (Thanksgiving Holiday)
- Sunday December 23 - Tuesday December 25, 2012 (Christmas Holiday)
- Sunday December 30, 2012 - Tuesday January 2, 2013 (New Year Holiday)
- Sunday Jaunary 20 - Monday January 21, 2013 (Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Holiday)
- Sunday February 17 - Monday February 18, 2013 (Presidents Day Holiday)
- Sunday March 31, 2013 (Easter Holiday)
- Sunday April 14 - Monday April 15, 2013 (Patriot's Day Holiday)
- Sunday May 26 - Monday May 27, 2013 (Memorial Day Holiday)
Location & Facilities
The Resource Center is located in 16-668.
The Resource Center has an extensive collection of audio and visual language-learning materials that can be used by the entire MIT community. Additionally, there are a compliment of computers and audio-playback devices availble for use, as well as seven digital media studios (advanced reservation required) for independent study and projects. To reserve a studio, please contact Andrea Wirth (firstname.lastname@example.org)
If you have a question, please feel free to contact us at 617-253-9779 or by email at email@example.com.
Catalogue of Materials
The Resource Center has an extensive collection of audio (cassettes, CDs, tapes), video (VHS & DVD) and computing materials for all levels of the languages taught at MIT (Spanish, French, German, Chinese, Japanese, and English). These can be used at the center. An MIT ID is required for use of texts, videos, and some CD-ROMS.
To browse the Resource Center's extensive collection of Language Learning media, please search or browse the catalogue by clicking on the links below:
MIT Cable Channels
The Resource Center sponsors five 24-hour foreign language channels by supplying equipment and licensing fees to MIT Cable. Through MIT Cable, the community has access to this programming across the campus. These channels are also available at any video station in the Resource Center.